- 1 1/2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2-1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, amount depends on how nutty you like it)
- 1/2 chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil water with 1/2 cup flour over low heat, stirring constantly until it reaches a thin, glue like consistency. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Mix sugar, salt, vanilla, cocoa and oil. Add the cooled flour-water mixture and mix well.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, nuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spread mixture into greased 11 x 7 glass pyrex pan.
- Bake at 350°F for around 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.