This recipe is very simple and very chocolaty. Delicious with Vegan butter cream, this recipe makes excellent birthday cakes or even cupcakes.
|Please note how the majority of the cake was|
eaten before we could take the picture :)
Shown here with a chocolate frosting
(melted chocolate with a bit of margarine,
soy milk and sugar)
Serves: 6-10 (or 20-24 cupcakes)
Time: 5 minutes prep, cook for 40-45 minutes (or 20 minutes for cupcakes)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup light vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bunt pan or muffin pan with oil or margarine, or use muffin cups.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a separate container.
- Add wet ingredients to dry bowl and mix well.
- Pour into pan. (if using a muffin pan, fill each compartment 3/4 of the way.)
- Place in preheated oven and bake cake for 40-45 minutes, or cupcakes for about 20 minutes.
- When you can smell the cake, its normally done.
- Remove from oven and test with a tooth pick or chopstick.
- Let cool slightly before removing completely from pan to let cool entirely.
- If icing the cake, the cake must be at room temperature.
Kinda wishing I had some cake left now...