Monday 2 February 2015

Green Monster Smoothie

     Smoothie time followers! So this is my first official smoothie post. It wasn't till recently that I started blending up some awesome smoothies....You know, after I got my shiny new high-speed blender for Christmas. I made an exceptional Green monster the other day and thought I would share it with you all.
Perks of this smoothie: 2 servings of fruit, 1 serving of green veg, 1 serving of dairy alternatives and 1 (or 2) servings of deliciousness. And if you want to get a serving of protein in your smoothie too, just add 2 Tbsp nut butter. 



     I used frozen peach in this smoothie instead of my typical frozen banana, and it turned out great! But if you don't have the frozen peach, you can substitute it for a banana. And because of the chia seeds, this is a great on-the-go smoothie because it won't get all watery.

Serves: 1 large (about 650mL) or 2 small
Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1 medium peach, cut and frozen
  • 1 apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
  • 1 cup spinach, loosely packed
  • 1 small chunk of ginger, about 1/4"x1/2" (about 1/2 tsp ginger paste)
  • 1 cup soy milk or almond milk
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds
  • 3-4 ice cubes
  • (optional: 2 Tbsp nut butter)

Preparation

  1. Put all ingredients in a high speed blender, blend on high (purée or liquify) for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
  2. Serve in a mason jar (because not many people have a cup big enough to fit 650mL, and if it's too much goodness for one sitting you can put the lid on and save it for later)
  3. Since there's chia seeds in this smoothie, it stays thick for longer than a normal smoothie and thus can be made in advance. 

3 comments:

  1. Hand Blender is a great appliance to have in your kitchen at that time you should have to choose the Best Hand Blender Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Benefícios do suco verde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! Benefícios do suco verde

    ReplyDelete